Artbook - Nanjing: Call for Submissions
Artbook-Nanjing/Soliciting Contributions to Artbook has started!
作为abcartbook in china 书展的周边活动，“艺本”南京站将主题围绕书籍设计的艺术纬度为内容展开，连线书籍设计、艺术与小出版的交流。开放征集一切以“纸本”为形式，内容不限的艺术设计作品。
As surrounding activities of ABC Artbook Fair in China, “Artbook” Nanjing event will focus on designing art of books to communicate the book design, art and small publication. The fair is open to collect all the "paper-based books" as a form with no limitation to the contents.
Here, you can see relatively diversified designs and arts based on paper, including artists, designers, photographers, illustrators, outstanding publishers and studios devoted to publishing artworks.
Over the past few years, a great number of new leaders have emerged in the field of book designing in Nanjing , which is a famous historical and cultural city. On this occasion, we’ll invite local individuals and groups in Nanjing who are working on book designs for dialogues and exchanges.
In addition, you will also see a lot of works on display from overseas individuals and groups, such as from the United States, Germany, Australia, Italy, Singapore, Portugal, Switzerland and Sweden. There might be something about their experiences of working or traveling in China mentioned in their books.
On the spot of the “Artbook Fair”, multiple activities will be involved, such as exhibition for sales, dialogue sharing, workshops and new book release. A lot more young artists, designers and studios are expected to participate in the exchanges, discussions and even the making of the books. What we are expecting is to set up an open platform here for gathering, so that the high-quality paper-based books that are of exploring spirit and artistic and cultural value could continue to pass on.
Art Museum of Nanjing University of the Arts (AMNUA)
Chen Rui/Liu Ziyuan
Works from self-publications, limited printed editions (e.g. posters, placards and cards), and “paper-based” books or other publications not mentioned.
These works will be mainly exhibited through a book fair. Welcome all individuals and groups to exhibit your excellent, small and interesting works at our fair.
Artists’ books and handmade books
These will be separately exhibited. Welcome artists and private organizations to exhibit your artistic and explorative works.
We are expecting and inviting independent manga artists and studios to exhibit their cartoons with extraordinary visual styles and interesting stories at our fair, in the hope of presenting an ecosystem of cartoons targeting at a minority of people.
To cooperate with us in other activities or contents, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Deadline for contributing works: 31stMarch, 2017
QQ Number for Consultation: 1585151664
Phone No.:+86 18796207863
Date of Notification: 5thApril, 2017
开幕计划：2017 年 4 月15日～4 月17日
Expected Date of Opening Ceremony: 15th April - 17th April 2017
Place of Exhibition: F1, Art Museum of Nanjing University of the Arts, Jiangsu Province
Postal Address for Contributing Works:Art Museum of Nanjing University of the Arts, No.15 Huju North Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
Sent to: Chen Rui, Artbook in China, Academic Department; phone number: 13270883116
Please provide the following information briefly, in order that our staff can plan your booths in advance and use your information for publicity.
- Description category: artists’ books/handmade books display/independent publications/limited printed editions – for sale(if to be put on sales, please attach a list of prices).
- Quantity/brief introduction/pictures of exhibited books (5 to 8 pieces of paper not larger than 2M in size for each book)
- Name/contact information and brief introduction of the applicants
- a brief introduction of show ideas /ideas for exhibiting artists’ books or handmade books/ a separate exhibition booth is optional for those who have a lot more books for sale, or a shared booth with others s, or a single optional bookshelf to display books together with others.
- At the book fair: RMB5 a day for a book; we’ll provide the service of keeping and selling the books with the postages on one’s own.
- There will be no charges for artists’ books and independent cartoons on display and the postages occurred will be beard by the sponsor.